What is Xero?
Xero is one of the most popular and widely used cloud-based accounting software available with currently more than 3.5 million users. It has an extensive list of useful features that help simplify book-keeping, accounting and financial management for business owners. Some of its most convenient features include:
- A number of online payment options in several different currencies to help you get paid quicker by UK and overseas customers
- Repeat invoicing so that you never forget to send an invoice out, meaning you get paid quicker and your cashflow improves
- Receipt capture by email, drag and drop or mobile to make sure as much VAT as possible is claimed, as well as keeping track of spending
- Automatic bank feed that make managing your business finances much less of a headache
- Real-time access to data and financial management from any device so you never fall behind with your accounting
These are just a few examples of what you can do with Xero, there is so much more to learn, which is where our Xero implementation and training can help. Businesses are fundamentally the same but the data they input and the information they need can be vastly different. Xero can be tailored to give you exactly what you need.
Why should you take advantage of Xero implementation and training?
If you’re changing to Xero from another software or just completely getting started it can feel quite overwhelming to try and navigate the system, and smoothly integrate it into how you manage your business. By working with an expert Xero implementation consultant, you can make the move to Xero a lot less stressful and get to grips with all the features and benefits it can offer you much quicker, so there is no disruption to your business operations.
Our help doesn’t just cover implementing Xero into your business either, it also includes extensive training and support for you and any other staff members you select on how to use the software to its full potential. This is because it wouldn’t be very useful to you if we helped you set up Xero for your business and then left you to figure out its features on your own, it’s time and energy you don’t need to waste.
One of the key advantages of Xero is that its features are so vast that it can help all businesses whether you need everything Xero provides or just one or two features. With our team’s knowledge and experience of Xero and accounting we can help you determine exactly what you want and need from the software to manage your finances your way.
How we can help you
Jan McDermott Chartered Accountants specialise in all areas of accountancy and tax support for businesses including implanting and training for Xero accounts. If you need help with setting up and using Xero, our team of experienced accountants are Xero certified (note: can be removed if not Xero certified) equipping them with the most up to date and relevant knowledge and skills for using the software. Don’t let your accounts and finances become a burden, make things simple with Xero so you can focus on running and growing your business.
Get in touch with our specialists today and take control of your finances with Xero.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many benefits to small businesses using Xero if they have the knowledge from expert training to suitably maximise it for their individual business needs. Some examples of how Xero can benefit businesses include
- Save time – the ability to store documents online, automated bank feeds, automatic data extraction, and up-to-date reports can all save business owners a great deal of time on their accounting.
- Send and receive payments quicker and more efficiently – Xero makes payments simple with various options such as automated payment reminders and recurring payment.
- You can use it wherever and whenever you need – Xero is a cloud software so you can simply log into your account from any device you are using completely securely and manage your money on the move.
- Make your business more efficient – with extra time and organisation in your business processes you can be much more efficient and successful with better growth and scalability.
- Highly secure – being a cloud software doesn’t mean you have to compromise on security. Xero has several layers of security protecting your data as well as encryption protocols that are at the same standard as banks. So, you can have peace of mind that your personal and financial information won’t be compromised.
They provide us with a fully outsourced finance function so that our own team can focus on our business. They implemented Xero software from day one of the company meaning that we have real-time visibility of our business at all times, The monthly management accounts meetings we have with Jan really add value to decision-making and strategic planning and we wouldn’t be without them.
Their professionalism, expertise and client care are outstanding and they have supported our growing business no end. They look after everything from our bookkeeping, VAT, annual accounts, as well as claiming Research & Development tax relief, preparing budgets and forecasts and assisting with grant claims. The whole team are always responsive, friendly and reliable and we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a trustworthy and efficient firm to look after their business finance requirements.
I moved my accounts over to Jan at the beginning of the year and have been extremely impressed with her attention to detail and precision. She’s made it easy for me to understand and manage all the key aspects of my accountancy, as well as offering useful suggestions of ways to improve and make things work more efficiently for me and my business. I’d highly recommend Jan and her team to anyone looking for professional, friendly, and reliable accountants that truly get to know you and offer a tailored service.”
Jan McDermott & Co have been our accountants for over 15 years and have not only ensured our accounting records are accurate and legal, but also provided us with first class advice to help us grow. They recommended our move to Xero accounting software which has revolutionised our business, allowing us to create predictable income through the use of Go Cardless Direct Debits, and streamlining our day to day accounting operations. Jan and her team are friendly, easy to work with and take time to understand a particular problem or situation. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them to any business that wants an accountancy firm they can grow with and depend on.